- Combines the console (with a 3.5 in. LCD) of a #DCS1800 Wireless Recording Video Inspection Camera/Borescope with the 1m (3.3 ft.) long #P16181HP High-Performance Probe and the #DCS1800-TR Wireless Probe Handle/Controller. The high-performance probe is also available in two longer lengths
- The P16181HP probe camera is lit by six adjustable-brightness white LEDs. Three buttons on the probe’s controller allow you to brighten, rotate and remove reflections from video and images to improve their clarity and readability
- Detaching the probe and probe handle/controller from the console to "go wireless" from up to 10m (33 ft.) away maximizes system flexibility by enabling two-handed inspections
- Familiar menu-driven user interface for viewing videos and photos on the console’s LCD (or TV) and for saving media files to a standard, full-size SD memory card (4GB card included)
- 14 available menu languages
- Display: 3.5 in. (89mm) diagonal TFT color LCD
- Display resolution: 320 by 240 pixels (QVGA)
- Recording resolution: 640 x 480 pixels (VGA)
- Analog video out formats: NTSC and PAL
- Wireless frequency/range: 2.4 GHz/33 ft. (10m)
- Recording medium: Standard-size SD card
- Operating temperature: 32° to 140°F (0° to 60°C)
- Weight: 13.4 oz. (380g)
- Power Source: Rechargeable 3.7V Li-ion battery or #AC2 Adaptor/Charger (included) P16181HP PROBE:
- Camera resolution: 640 x 480 pixels (VGA)
- Camera depth of field/field of view: 0.25 in. to 12 in. (6.4 to 300mm)/60°
- Length/diameter: 1m (3.3 ft.)/5.5mm (0.22 in.)
- Water/oil/dust resistance: Per IP67 standard
- Weight: 7.76 oz. (220g)
- #P16181HP Probe
- #DCS-1800TR Wireless Probe Handle/Controller
- 110° mirrored probe viewing tip
- 4GB SD memory card
- #AC2 AC Adaptor/Charger
- A/V cable
- Small flat-blade screwdriver (for changing the wireless channel of the console and probe)
- 1-year limited warranty
- 8.5 x 4.7 x 1.4 in. (215 x 120 x 36mm)
safety data sheets
Can the camera probes on the scopes be used in water, gasoline, or other types of liquids?
All of our camera probes are IP67 rated for water, oil, and dust.
Does General carry any scopes which can work with MAC computers?
The scopes we carry that can connect to a computer are only compatible with PC’s.
Are there any scopes which can be viewed on a smartphone or tablet?
Our DCiS (IBorescope) line of scopes have an app available so that it can be used with smartphones and tablets.
Which borescopes can be used underwater?
The models which are completely submergible in water are: DCS600A, DCS605, DCS660A, DCS665, DCS665ART.
Are any of the borescopes intrinsically safe?
We do not carry any intrinsically safe scopes.
What is the longest probe that General carries?
The longest probe available is the P161830SM-M which is 30 meters long with a 5.5mm diameter. It can be used with several models such as the DCS16HP and DCS18HP.
What is the slimmest probe diameter that General carries?
There is a 3.9mm probe available for most of our high-end scopes such as: DCS800, DCS1100, DCS1600HP, DCS1800HP, DCS2000.
Which scope(s) would be ideal for use in pitch black (or similar) conditions?
The following models have light boost and anti-reflection functions for use in extremely dark conditions: DCS1700, DCS1600HP, DCS1600HPART, DCS1800HP, DCS1800HPART.
What is the most compact scope available?
The DCS950 (Palmscope) is a little larger than a cellphone with a 2ft long, 0.35in diameter probe, and comes with a nylon pouch with a belt clip.