- The monitor (with a 5 in. color LCD) can be detached from the pistol grip and the probe to receive video wirelessly
- The grip and monitor are IP54 splash-proof
- The included 1m long x 9mm diameter #P495-1N probe is IP67 oil-, dust- and waterproof. The probe can be replaced by a 2m or 3m version (#P495-2N and #P495-3N) with the same camera head and specs. These probes include an adaptor to make them compatible wit
- Squeezing the trigger on the pistol grip manually records video clips and still photos onto the included 2GB MicroSD card or into the integral 128MByte flash memory
- The console has a 1 to 4X zoom function, an adjustable Auto Power Off trigger, magnets on the back for attaching to a metal surfaces, and a built-in microphone and speaker for recording and playing back voice-annotated video clips
- ScopeView software and USB cable for organizing and viewing live and recorded photos and videos on any Windows PC
- The monitor and grip are powered by separate rechargeable Li-ion batteries or the included AC adaptor/charger
- TV Out jack and A/V cable for viewing live video on TV monitor
- Four probe tip accessories (magnetic pickup, pickup hook, 45° mirror, thread protector ring)
- Choice of five menu languages
- DETACHABLE WIRELESS MONITOR:
- Display: 5 in. (127mm) TFT color LCD
- Resolution: 800 x 480 pixels
- Zoom levels: 1 to 4X in 0.5 steps
- Flash memory capacity: 128Mbyte
- TV output formats: NTSC and PAL
- Operating temperature: 32° to 11°3F (0° to 45°C) @5 to 95%RH
- Languages supported: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Mandarin Chinese
- Power source: Rechargeable Li-ion battery or included AC adaptor/charger CAMERA-TIPPED PROBE:
- Probe length/diameter/type: 1m (3.3 ft.)/9mm (0.35 in.)/flexible-obedient
- Water/oil/dust ingress protection level: IP67
- Light source: Four adjustable-brightness LEDs
- Camera resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Camera depth of field/field of vew: 1 in. to 10 ft. (25mm to 3m)/60°
- Transmission range: 10m (33 ft.) with no obstacles
- Transmission frequency: 2.468GHz
- Operating temperature: 32° to 113°F (0° to 45°C) @5 to 95%RH
- Grip/probe power source: Rechargeable Li-ion battery or included AC adaptor/charger
- Detachable wireless monitor with LCD, magnetic back, microphone, speaker and tripod mount
- Pistol grip with brightness controls and tripod mount
- #P495-1N probe and #PT9 9mm Probe Tip Accessories
- AC adaptor/charger with 2-in-1 charging cable
- 2GB MicroSD memory card
- USB and A/V cables
- ScopeView PC interface/media management software on mini-disc
- A signal cable for connecting the grip and monitor
- Custom hard plastic carrying case
- 1-year limited warranty
safety data sheets
Can the camera probes on the scopes be used in water, gasoline, or other types of liquids?
All of our camera probes are IP67 rated for water, oil, and dust.
Does General carry any scopes which can work with MAC computers?
The scopes we carry that can connect to a computer are only compatible with PC’s.
Are there any scopes which can be viewed on a smartphone or tablet?
Our DCiS (IBorescope) line of scopes have an app available so that it can be used with smartphones and tablets.
Which borescopes can be used underwater?
The models which are completely submergible in water are: DCS600A, DCS605, DCS660A, DCS665, DCS665ART.
Are any of the borescopes intrinsically safe?
We do not carry any intrinsically safe scopes.
What is the longest probe that General carries?
The longest probe available is the P161830SM-M which is 30 meters long with a 5.5mm diameter. It can be used with several models such as the DCS16HP and DCS18HP.
What is the slimmest probe diameter that General carries?
There is a 3.9mm probe available for most of our high-end scopes such as: DCS800, DCS1100, DCS1600HP, DCS1800HP, DCS2000.
Which scope(s) would be ideal for use in pitch black (or similar) conditions?
The following models have light boost and anti-reflection functions for use in extremely dark conditions: DCS1700, DCS1600HP, DCS1600HPART, DCS1800HP, DCS1800HPART.
What is the most compact scope available?
The DCS950 (Palmscope) is a little larger than a cellphone with a 2ft long, 0.35in diameter probe, and comes with a nylon pouch with a belt clip.