- A metal-oxide semiconductor sensor within the vented ball housing detects ammonia, toluene, ethanol, hydrogen sulfide (H2S) and cigarette smoke
- Makes ballpark measurements of total VOC concentration, as well as precise measurements of ambient temperature, relative humidity (RH), and the Dew Point and Wet Bulb temperatures
- Logs up to 32,000 data points. The meter’s entire capacity can be devoted to VOC readings, or devoted one-third each to VOC, ambient temperature and RH readings
- Powerful data logging software that downloads readings to a PC for display/printing as a table or graph. The software supports four data logging modes—including starting and stopping recording without a PC
- Adjustable high VOC concentration audible alarm
- Min/Max memory (for all measured parameters) and data hold
- Separate automated procedures for VOC zero adjustment and background calibration
- Manually offsettable temperature and RH sensor drift
- Large backlit dual-readout LCD
- Auto power off (can be disabled for data logging)
- Tripod mount
- VOC measurement range/resolution: 0 to 50 ppm/0.01 ppm
- VOC warmup time: 10 minutes first use, 2 minutes thereafter
- VOC sensor type/life: Metal-oxide semiconductor/5 years (typical)
- Temperature measurement range: 14° to 122°F (-10° to 50°C)
- Temperature measurement accuracy/resolution: ±1.2°F (0.6°C)/0.1°
- RH measurement range: 10 to 90%RH
- RH measurement accurac/resolution: ±5% of reading @77°F (25°C); ±7% of reading elsewhere in range/0.1%RH
- Dew Point measurement range: -99.2° to 118°F (-73° to 47°C)
- Wet Bulb measurement range: 12.2° to 118.8°F (-11° to 48.2°C)
- Data logging capacity: 32,004 points
- Display type and size: Dual-readout LCD/2 in. (51mm) diagonal
- Auto power: After 15 minutes of inactivity
- Operating temperature: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C) @ <95% RH
- Weight (including batteries): 7.2 oz. (204g)
- Power source: Six "AAA" batteries (not included) or included 110VAC adaptor
- PC-compatible interface/data logging program on mini-disc
- USB cable
- AC adaptor
- Soft pouch
- 2-year limited warranty
- 8.3 x 2.4 x 1.0 in. (210 x 60 x 25mm)
What types of gas detectors does General carry?
We carry combustible gas, refrigerant, carbon monoxide, VOC, and formaldehyde detectors.
How often do these meters need to be calibrated? How do you calibrate them?
We do not have a standard as to when these meters need to be calibrated. In order to calibrate the meter, it needs to be sent to a lab. We do not perform calibrations.
How long are the sensors good for?
The lifespan of the sensor depends on the usage and levels of exposure.
How long does it take to start up the FD08 and VOC08 properly?
Briefly press the PWR button. The LCD will illuminate and immediately begin scrolling “0s” across the five positions on the upper readout to indicate that it is warming up. During the warm...
How often should I calibrate my FD08 or VOC08?
These instruments should be zero calibrated whenever the instrument is powered on. But you can calibrate the instrument whenever you see fit, or if you are unsure about the current readings you are re...
How long does it take to get a reading on the FD08 or VOC08?
When initially taking measurements, you may get an immediate reading, However, you should give the instrument roughly 5-15 minutes to allow the sensor to stabalize and give an accurate reading. The lo...