- Rotating the probe in side view mode provides a 360° view—like a submarine's periscope scanning the horizon
- The probe's minimum focal distance of 0.25 in. (6.4mm) enables extreme close-up viewing
- The console also accepts any of General’s QVGA (320 x 240 pixel) resolution borescope probes, including the ultra-slim 3.9mm (0.15 in.diameter) #P1839-M probe, the 2m long x 4.9mm diameter #P16182-49 front/side view probe, and the 3m long x 4.9
- Display: 2.4 in. (61mm) diagonal TFT color LCD
- Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels
- Operating temperature: 32º to 140°F (0° to 60°C)
- Weight (with batteries): 12.6 oz. (357g)
- Power source: Four "AA" batteries (included) PROBE:
- Diameter: 0.19 in. (4.9mm)
- Length: 39 in. (1m)
- Operating temperature: 32° to 131°F (0° to 55°C)
- Dust/oil/water resistance: Per IP57 standard
- Depth of field: 0.25 to 6 in. (6.4 to 150mm)
- Field of vew: 60°
- Light source: Three front-facing and two side-facing adjustable-intensity white LEDs
- Weight: 15 oz. (425g)
- #P1618FS-49 probe
- Custom hard plastic carrying case
- 1-year limited warranty
- 3.68 x 8.25 x 2.26 in. (93.5 x 209.5 x 57.5mm)
Can the camera probes on the scopes be used in water, gasoline, or other types of liquids?
All of our camera probes are IP67 rated for water, oil, and dust.
Does General carry any scopes which can work with MAC computers?
The scopes we carry that can connect to a computer are only compatible with PC’s.
Are there any scopes which can be viewed on a smartphone or tablet?
Our DCiS (IBorescope) line of scopes have an app available so that it can be used with smartphones and tablets.
Which borescopes can be used underwater?
The models which are completely submergible in water are: DCS600A, DCS605, DCS660A, DCS665, DCS665ART.
Are any of the borescopes intrinsically safe?
We do not carry any intrinsically safe scopes.
Which scope(s) would be ideal for use in pitch black (or similar) conditions?
The following models have light boost and anti-reflection functions for use in extremely dark conditions: DCS1700, DCS1600HP, DCS1600HPART, DCS1800HP, DCS1800HPART.
What is the most compact scope available?
The DCS950 (Palmscope) is a little larger than a cellphone with a 2ft long, 0.35in diameter probe, and comes with a nylon pouch with a belt clip.
- Prop 65
⚠ WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including di2-ethylhexylphthalate (DEHP), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.