- One button starts/stops logging without a PC
- Plug-and-play USB 2.0 interface; no need for cables, cradles or docks
- Software displays data logs as time-based graphs synchronized to your PC's clock
- Large storage capacity
- 3-1/2 digit LCD displays real-time temperature and RH, device working status, and "memory full"
- Built-in laser thermometer for spot-checking temperatures of vents and surfaces
- °F/°C switch
- One-click exporting of logs to Excel
- NIST calibration is available
- Ambient temperature measurement range: -4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C)
- Ambient temperature measurement accuracy: ±1.8°F (±1°C) from 14° to 104°F (-10° to 40°C); ±3.6°F (±2°C) elsewhere in range
- RH measurement range: 0 to 100%
- RH measurement accuracy: ±3% from 20 to 80% RH; ±3.5% elsewhere in range
- Temperature response time: 5 to 30 seconds
- RH response time: 8 seconds
- IR thermometer distance-to-spot (D:S) ratio: 2:1
- IR thermometer measurement range: -4° to 482°F (-20° to 250°C)
- IR thermometer measurement accuracy: ±5.4°F (±3°C) below 32°F (0°C) ±3.6°F (±2°C) above 32°F
- IR thermometer measurement resolution: ±0.2°F (0.1°C)
- IR thermometer emissivity: 0.95 (fixed)
- Storage capacity: 16,300 pairs of RH and temperature readings or 10,000 RH and temperature readings + IRT readings
- Data logging sampling time: Adjustable from 10 seconds to 12 hours
- Length of USB extension cable: 7.9 in. (200mm)
- Weight: 1.41 oz. (40g) without battery
- Power source: #BA10 "1/2 AA" non-rechargeable Lithium-ion battery (included)
- PC data logging/interface software on mini-CD
- USB extension cable
- #BA10 non-rechargeable "1/2 AA" Lithium-ion battery
- 1-year limited warranty
- 4.92 x 1.69 x 0.91 in. (125 x 43 x 23mm)
What is the distance to spot (D:S) ratio?
The distance to spot (D:S) ratio is the ratio of the size of the area where the temperature is being measured in relation to the distance from the target. For instance, if the IRT has an 8:1 distance-...
Which IRT has the highest temperature detection range?
The IRT5000 has the highest temperature detection range. [392° to 4352°F (200° to 2400°C)]
Which IRT has the greatest low temperature detection range?
The IRT850K can detect temperatures as low as -76°F (-60°C).
Which IRT has the greatest distance-spot (D:S) ratio? Which has the smallest?
The IRT5000 has a distance-spot (D:S) ratio of 100:1. Conversely, the IRT built into the HT50 has a D:S ratio of 2:1.
What is emissivity?
The emissivity of the surface of a material is its effectiveness in emitting energy as thermal radiation. Knowing the emissivity of a material can help increase the accuracy of the IRT’s reading...
Is it better to have an IRT with a fixed or adjustable emissivity?
The default emissivity setting for all the IRT’s is 0.95. This setting will produce fairly accurate readings for the majority of items you will typically measure. Being able to set the emissivit...
Which IRT’s have adjustable emissivity?
The following models have adjustable emissivity: IRT8, IRT105, IRT659K, IRT730K, IRT850K.
If my IRT has a fixed emissivity, how can I take measurements on materials that don’t have 0.95 emissivity?
If you are able, cover the area you intend to measure with black electrical tape. Wait a minute and then scan that area. The emissivity of the tape is 0.95.
Can an IRT be used to measure body temperature?
We do not carry an IRT which can be used for body temperature. You would need an IRT designed with medical applications in mind.
Can you take the temperature of an item through a transparent material? Example: Taking the temperature of an item on the other side of a window.
The IRT cannot take the temperature of one item through another material. If you aim the IRT at a window, it will give you the temperature of the window and not items on the other side of the window.
Can an IRT give air temperature readings?
IRT’s only give temperature readings of solid materials. You can scan an item to get an approximation of the room temperature, but the IRT will not give an actual ambient temperature reading.
What is Dew Point?
In simple terms, the dew point (dew point temperature or dewpoint) is the temperature at which a given concentration of water vapor in air will form dew. More specifically it is a measure of atmospher...
What is Wet Bulb?
The wet-bulb temperature is the temperature a parcel of air would have if it were cooled to saturation (100% relative humidity) by the evaporation of water into it, with the latent heat being supplied...