- SEE WHERE YOU CAN’T SEE: 1 meter (3.28 ft.) long, flexible-obedient camera-tipped probe puts hard-to-see areas into plain view
- ONE HAND OPERATION: Wand style grip gives complete control to see behind walls, above ceilings or inside pipes and engines
- SCREEN: Built-In 3.5 in. (89mm) color LCD with LCD/Camera 320 x 240 pixel resolution (QVGA) gives a clear real-time view
- EASY TO USE: Separate monitor buttons for 2x zoom and 180° image flip
- LIGHTED TIP: Camera head has four adjustable-brightness LEDs
- DURABLE: Camera head is waterproof, rustproof, and oil-resistant while grip and monitor are IP54 splash-proof plus certified "drop-proof" to a height of 1m (3.4 ft.)
- Display Size/Type 3.5 in. (89mm) diagonal TFT color LCD
- Display Resolution 320 x 240 pixels
- Monitor Controls 180° flip, 1X to 2X zoom in 7 steps, brightness + and –
- Probe Diameter & Type 12mm (0.47 in.) flexible-obedient
- Probe Length 1m (39 in.)
- Probe Field of View 60°
- Probe Depth of Field 4 in. to 8 ft. (102 mm to 2.4m)
- Camera Light Source 4 adjustable-brightness white LEDs
- Impact Resistance To height of 1m (39 in.)
- Water, Dust, Oil Resistance Levels Camera-tipped probe: IP67 Grip and monitor: monitor: IP54
- Video Out Format/Cable Length NTSC/3.94 ft. (1.2m)
- Battery Life >3 hours (typical)
- Operating Temperature/Humidity 32° to 113°F (0° to 45°C) @ 5 to 95% RH
- Dimensions of Grip 10.5 x 3.7 x 2.6 in. (266 x 95 x 66mm)
- Weight of Grip 1 lb. (454g)
- Dimensions of Carrying Case 15 x 11 x 3.5 in. (381 x 279 x 89mm)
- Weight of Case and Contents 4 lb. (1.8 kg)
- Power Source Four “AA” alkaline batteries (not included)
- Magnetic pickup
- Pickup hook
- 45° mirror tip accessories
- Video cable to connect to a monitor directly
- Lens cap
- Hard-shell case
- 3-year limited warranty
Can the camera probes on the scopes be used in water, gasoline, or other types of liquids?
All of our camera probes are IP67 rated for water, oil, and dust.
Does General carry any scopes which can work with MAC computers?
The scopes we carry that can connect to a computer are only compatible with PC’s.
Are there any scopes which can be viewed on a smartphone or tablet?
Our DCiS (IBorescope) line of scopes have an app available so that it can be used with smartphones and tablets.
Which borescopes can be used underwater?
The models which are completely submergible in water are: DCS600A, DCS605, DCS660A, DCS665, DCS665ART.
Are any of the borescopes intrinsically safe?
We do not carry any intrinsically safe scopes.
What is the longest probe that General carries?
The longest probe available is the P161830SM-M which is 30 meters long with a 5.5mm diameter. It can be used with several models such as the DCS16HP and DCS18HP.
What is the slimmest probe diameter that General carries?
There is a 3.9mm probe available for most of our high-end scopes such as: DCS800, DCS1100, DCS1600HP, DCS1800HP, DCS2000.
Which scope(s) would be ideal for use in pitch black (or similar) conditions?
The following models have light boost and anti-reflection functions for use in extremely dark conditions: DCS1700, DCS1600HP, DCS1600HPART, DCS1800HP, DCS1800HPART.
What is the most compact scope available?
The DCS950 (Palmscope) is a little larger than a cellphone with a 2ft long, 0.35in diameter probe, and comes with a nylon pouch with a belt clip.