- Big, bright color LCD for crystal-clear real-time video imaging
- 9mm (0.35 in.) diameter x 1m (39 in.) long camera-tipped probe is thin enough to fit into very narrow spaces
- Four adjustable LEDs in camera head illuminate dark areas
- Unit is drop-resistant to 1m height
- Invert what you see 180° to read labels right-side up and zoom video up to 200% to show details
- Pays for itself quickly: Avoid the cost and trouble of tearing down engines
- One-handed operation frees your other hand to use tools
- A/V Out jack enables video connection to any NTSC television
- Includes four useful probe tip accessories
- Display size and type: 2.4 in. (61mm) diagonal TFT color LCD
- Display resolution: 320 x 240 pixels
- Monitor controls: 180° flip, 1 to 2X zoom in 0.2 steps, brightness up and down
- Probe length/diameter/type: 1m (39 in.)/9mm (0.35 in.)/flexible-obedient
- Probe depth of field/field of view: 1 in. to 10 ft. (25mm to 3m)/60°
- Camera lighting: Four adjustable-brightness white LEDs
- Impact resistance: Drop from a height of 1m (39 in.)
- Water/oil/dust resistance levels: IP67 (probe); IP54 (monitor)
- Operating temperature: 32° to 113°F (0° to 45°C) @ <95% RH
- Weight of console: 1 lb. (454g)
- Power source: Four "AA" batteries (included)
- Grip and monitor
- 1m (39 in.) long x 9mm (0.35 in.) diameter flexible-obedient probe
- Four probe tip accessories (thread protector, magnetic pickup, pickup hook, 45 mirror)
- Video cable
- Custom hard plastic carrying case
- 3-year limited warranty
- 10 x 3.6 x 2.3 in. (254 x 91 x 58mm) for console
Can the camera probes on the scopes be used in water, gasoline, or other types of liquids?
All of our camera probes are IP67 rated for water, oil, and dust.
Does General carry any scopes which can work with MAC computers?
The scopes we carry that can connect to a computer are only compatible with PC’s.
Are there any scopes which can be viewed on a smartphone or tablet?
Our DCiS (IBorescope) line of scopes have an app available so that it can be used with smartphones and tablets.
Which borescopes can be used underwater?
The models which are completely submergible in water are: DCS600A, DCS605, DCS660A, DCS665, DCS665ART.
Are any of the borescopes intrinsically safe?
We do not carry any intrinsically safe scopes.
Which scope(s) would be ideal for use in pitch black (or similar) conditions?
The following models have light boost and anti-reflection functions for use in extremely dark conditions: DCS1700, DCS1600HP, DCS1600HPART, DCS1800HP, DCS1800HPART.
What is the most compact scope available?
The DCS950 (Palmscope) is a little larger than a cellphone with a 2ft long, 0.35in diameter probe, and comes with a nylon pouch with a belt clip.