- Combines an #H8 DCS800 Recording Console (with a 3.5 in. LCD) with a 1m (39 in.) long x 5.5mm (0.22 in.) diameter flexible-obedient QVGA resolution probe lit by four LEDs
- The probe and its stainless steel camera head are IP67 water, oil and dust-proof. The console is rated IP55 and is 1m (39 in.) drop-proof
- The console is compatible with high-performance articulating and non-articulating probes and longer and thinner QVGA resolution probes from General
- The console records VGA or QVGA resolution video clips and still images to a full-size SD memory card using a familiar menu-driven user interface. Saved video and photo files incorporate real-time brightness, zoom and mirroring adjustments made prior to recording or "on the fly"
- Three options for mirroring live video: horizontal, vertical, or both
- 4GB SD memory card
- A/V out jack and cable
- USB cable for uploading/viewing recorded media to/on a PC without ejecting the SD card
- 90° mirrored probe viewing tip
- Adjustable auto power off triggering time
- Choice of 27 menu languages
- Display size and type: 3.5 in. (89mm) diagonal color LCD
- Display resolution: 320 x 240 pixels (QVGA)
- Video file format: .avi
- Photo file format: .jpg
- Video zoom options: 3.0X, 5.0X
- Video out formats: NTSC and PAL
- Console operating temperature: 32° to 140°F (0° to 60°C)
- Probe length/diameter/type: 1m (39 in.)/5.5mm (0.22 in.)/flexible-obedient
- Diameter of camera head with thread protector: 6mm (0.23 in.)
- Probe depth of field/field of view: 0.25 to 12 in. (6.4 to 300mm)/60°
- Probe operating temperature: -4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
- Power source: Four "AA" batteries (included)
- #H8 console
- 5.5mm diameter x 1m long QVGA resolution flexible-obedient probe
- 90° mirrored probe viewing tip and thread protector
- 4GB SD memory card
- USB and A/V cables
- Adjustable hand strap
- Custom hard plastic carrying case
- 1-year limited warranty
- 5.5 x 4.6 x 1.7 in. (140 x 116 x 42mm) for console
Can the camera probes on the scopes be used in water, gasoline, or other types of liquids?
All of our camera probes are IP67 rated for water, oil, and dust.
Does General carry any scopes which can work with MAC computers?
The scopes we carry that can connect to a computer are only compatible with PC’s.
Are there any scopes which can be viewed on a smartphone or tablet?
Our DCiS (IBorescope) line of scopes have an app available so that it can be used with smartphones and tablets.
Which borescopes can be used underwater?
The models which are completely submergible in water are: DCS600A, DCS605, DCS660A, DCS665, DCS665ART.
Are any of the borescopes intrinsically safe?
We do not carry any intrinsically safe scopes.
What is the longest probe that General carries?
The longest probe available is the P161830SM-M which is 30 meters long with a 5.5mm diameter. It can be used with several models such as the DCS16HP and DCS18HP.
What is the slimmest probe diameter that General carries?
There is a 3.9mm probe available for most of our high-end scopes such as: DCS800, DCS1100, DCS1600HP, DCS1800HP, DCS2000.
Which scope(s) would be ideal for use in pitch black (or similar) conditions?
The following models have light boost and anti-reflection functions for use in extremely dark conditions: DCS1700, DCS1600HP, DCS1600HPART, DCS1800HP, DCS1800HPART.
What is the most compact scope available?
The DCS950 (Palmscope) is a little larger than a cellphone with a 2ft long, 0.35in diameter probe, and comes with a nylon pouch with a belt clip.