- Combines the #H16 console (with a 3.5 in. LCD) of a #DCS1600 Recording Video Inspection Camera/Borescope with a 1m (3.3 ft.) long x 5.5mm diameter #P16181HP High-Performance Probe. This probe is also available separately in three lengths as a plug-and-pla
- The console records VGA resolution (640 x 480 pixel) video clips and still images
- The #P16181HP high-performance probe captures VGA resolution video and features light boost, anti-reflection and 90° image rotation buttons on its handle
- Camera lighting is provided by four front-facing LEDs; to minimize glare from shiny targets, lighting can be shifted to two angled LEDs
- The console is compatible with dozens of high-performance camera-tipped probes from General
- Familiar menu-driven user interface for viewing and recording videos and photos on a standard SD memory card (8GB card included) and playing back media on a console, TV or PC
- Rechargeable battery with 4-hour capacity
- H16 CONSOLE:
- Display: 3.5 in. (89mm) diagonal TFT color LCD
- Display resolution: 320 by 240 pixels (QVGA)
- Recording resolution: 640 x 480 pixels (VGA)
- Analog video out formats: NTSC andPAL
- 2X zoom and horizontal mirroring controls on front panel
- Recording medium: Standard-size SD card (8GB card included)
- Operating temperature: 32° to 140°F (0° to 60°C)
- Weight: 13.4 oz. (380g)
- Power source: Rechargeable 3.7V Li-ion battery or #AC2 Adaptor/Charger (included) P16181HP PROBE:
- Camera resolution: 640 x 480 pixels (VGA)
- Camera depth of field: 0.25 in. to 12 in. (6.4 to 300mm)
- Probe length/diameter: 1m (3.3 ft.)/5.5mm (0.22 in.)
- Weight: 7.76 oz. (220g)
- H16 console of DCS1600 Recording Video Inspection System/Borescope
- P16181HP probe
- 110° mirrored probe viewing tip
- 8GB SD memory card
- AC2 AC Adaptor/Charger
- RCA and USB cables
- 1-year limited warranty
- 8.5 x 4.7 x 1.4 in. (215 x 120 x 36mm) for console
safety data sheets
Can the camera probes on the scopes be used in water, gasoline, or other types of liquids?
All of our camera probes are IP67 rated for water, oil, and dust.
Does General carry any scopes which can work with MAC computers?
The scopes we carry that can connect to a computer are only compatible with PC’s.
Are there any scopes which can be viewed on a smartphone or tablet?
Our DCiS (IBorescope) line of scopes have an app available so that it can be used with smartphones and tablets.
Which borescopes can be used underwater?
The models which are completely submergible in water are: DCS600A, DCS605, DCS660A, DCS665, DCS665ART.
Are any of the borescopes intrinsically safe?
We do not carry any intrinsically safe scopes.
What is the longest probe that General carries?
The longest probe available is the P161830SM-M which is 30 meters long with a 5.5mm diameter. It can be used with several models such as the DCS16HP and DCS18HP.
What is the slimmest probe diameter that General carries?
There is a 3.9mm probe available for most of our high-end scopes such as: DCS800, DCS1100, DCS1600HP, DCS1800HP, DCS2000.
Which scope(s) would be ideal for use in pitch black (or similar) conditions?
The following models have light boost and anti-reflection functions for use in extremely dark conditions: DCS1700, DCS1600HP, DCS1600HPART, DCS1800HP, DCS1800HPART.
What is the most compact scope available?
The DCS950 (Palmscope) is a little larger than a cellphone with a 2ft long, 0.35in diameter probe, and comes with a nylon pouch with a belt clip.