- Readings are species-specific, derived from industry-standard moisture-resistance curves for 48 popular species of wood
- Joystick makes species selection fast and easy
- Also measures and displays ambient temperature (in °F or °C) and relative humidity (RH)
- Measurements can be compensated for ambient temperature, improving precision
- Super-bright yellow OLED (organic light-emitting diode) dot-matrix display
- 99-record memory with manual or automatic (time-based) recording; records include moisture level, number and name of wood species, ambient temperature and RH at time of measurement, and any temperature compensation applied
- Multiple display options, including analog bar graph
- Measurement hold button
- Audible moisture alarm
- The pin cover doubles as a calibration checker
- #PIND4E replacement pins are available
- Auto power off (can be disabled) with adjustable trigger
- Separate indications of remaining battery charge and low battery charge
- Moisture measurement range: 5.3 to 40%WME (Wood Moisture Equivalent)
- Moisture measurement accuracy/resolution: ±3%/0.1%
- Temperature measurement range: 0° to 176°F (-18° to 80°C)
- Temperature measurement accuracy/resolution: ±1.8°F (1°C)/ 0.1°
- RH measurement range: 20 to 95%RH
- RH measurement accuracy/resolution: ±5% of reading/1%
- Temperature compensation range/resolution: 0° to 255°F (-18° to 124°C)/5°F
- Pin length: 0.28 in. (7mm)
- Display type: Yellow OLED in 128 x 64 dot-matrix format
- Display size: 1.54 in. (39mm) diagonal
- Number of included species moisture-resistance curves: 48
- Memory capacity: 99 records
- Auto memory recording sampling rate: Adjustable from 1 to 99 seconds
- Auto power off trigger: Adjustable from 1 to 99 minutes of front-panel inactivity
- Operating temperature: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C)
- Calibration range: 12.9 to 18.9%WME
- Weight (including battery): 4.6 oz. (130g)
- Power source: "9V" battery (included)
- Custom hard plastic carrying case
- 1-year limited warranty
- 6.6 x 2.7 x 1.25 in. (168 x 69 x 32mm)
Do the pins have to actually go into the material?
For the most accurate reading possible, the pins should be inserted into the object. Do not press the pins too hard.
Can my moisture meter be used on bamboo?
Our moisture meters are not calibrated specifically for bamboo. You will need a moisture meter with an adjustable specific gravity setting. At this time we do not carry such a meter.
Can my moisture meter be used on ceramics or fiberglass?
Our moisture meters are not calibrated for ceramics or fiberglass in terms of WME readings. However, our pinless moisture meters could give relative readings on these materials..
Are there any moisture meters which have a NIST Certification?
We currently do not offer any type of certification for our moisture meters. They would need to be sent to a certification lab for that.
What is the longest pin sensor General carries?
We carry a 5” deep wall moisture sensor which is compatible with models MMD950 and MMD900.