- The laser pointer is unsteady or moving too quickly. To steady the laser, press the back of the tool (the side with the battery compartment) against a flat subject such as the wall or floor.
- The target is closer than the minimum range of 10 in or beyond the maximum range of 50 ft.
- The surface of the target is too reflective. You can make a target on the surface using tape or a piece of paper.
- There is too much bright, visible light on the target. Providing shade or creating a dark target on the surface can fix this.
- The target is able to absorb incoming IR radiation and reflects nothing back to the tool. Examples would be plasma TV’s or computer monitors. Again, creating a target would be the solution.
- The target is too transparent to get a proper reading. A target will be necessary to get the measurement.
- The ambient temperature is outside the specified operating range (32ºto 104ºF).
75 SEAVIEW DRIVE
SECAUCUS, NJ 07094
P 800 697-8665
F 212 431-6499
HOURS: 9:00AM – 5:00PM EST
MONDAY THRU FRIDAY