- The electrochemical sensor measures real-time formaldehyde gas concentration with accuracy and resolution that meet the U.S. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health’s (NIOSH’s) acceptance criterion
- Also tracks, calculates and displays three cumulative formaldehyde gas metrics: the 8-hour TWA (time-weighted average), the 1-hour average, and the 15-minute STEL (short-term exposure limit)
- One-button calibration to 0 ppm in fresh air
- User-adjustable high concentration audible alarm threshold
- Also measures relative humidity (RH) and temperature
- Manually offsettable long-term drift of temperature and RH accuracy
- Min/Max memory and data hold
- Large backlit dual-readout LCD
- °F/°C switch
- Auto power off (can be disabled)
- Tripod mount
- Formaldehyde measurement range/resolution: 0 to 5 ppm/0.01 ppm
- Formaldehyde measurement accuracy: ±(5% + 0.03 ppm)
- Sensor type/warmup time: Electrochemical/1 to 15 minutes, typical
- Temperature measurement range: 0° to 122°F (0° to 50°C)
- Temperature measurement accuracy/resolution: ±1.8°F (±1°C)/0.1°
- RH measurement range: 10 to 90%RH
- RH measurement accuracy/resolution: ±5% of reading/0.1%
- Display type/size: Dual-readout LCD/2 in. (51mm) diagonal
- Auto power off: After 15 minutes of inactivity
- Operating temperature: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C) @ < 95% RH
- Weight (including batteries): 7.2 oz. (204g)
- Power source: Four "AAA" batteries (not included) or optional #AC2 AC adaptor
- Soft pouch
- 2-year limited warranty
- 8.3 x 2.4 x 1.0 in. (210 x 60 x 25mm)
What types of gas detectors does General carry?
We carry combustible gas, refrigerant, carbon monoxide, VOC, and formaldehyde detectors.
How often do these meters need to be calibrated? How do you calibrate them?
We do not have a standard as to when these meters need to be calibrated. In order to calibrate the meter, it needs to be sent to a lab. We do not perform calibrations.
How long are the sensors good for?
The lifespan of the sensor depends on the usage and levels of exposure.
How long does it take to start up the FD08 and VOC08 properly?
Briefly press the PWR button. The LCD will illuminate and immediately begin scrolling “0s” across the five positions on the upper readout to indicate that it is warming up. During the warm...
How often should I calibrate my FD08 or VOC08?
These instruments should be zero calibrated whenever the instrument is powered on. But you can calibrate the instrument whenever you see fit, or if you are unsure about the current readings you are re...
How long does it take to get a reading on the FD08 or VOC08?
When initially taking measurements, you may get an immediate reading, However, you should give the instrument roughly 5-15 minutes to allow the sensor to stabalize and give an accurate reading. The lo...