- MOISTURE DETECTION - Can be used as a water leak detector after flood damage, or general water damages, determine the moisture content of wood and other building materials, or check water damaged areas to see if moisture is still present
- PIN-STYLE - Stick the stainless steel pins into the surface of what you are measuring in order to get a read-out of moisture present. Pin length is 0.2 inches (5 mm)
- EASY TO READ- Moisture meter features a 10-LED display for quick and easy viewing; ergonomic size fits in one hand
- PREVENT MOLD- By checking suspicious water stains with a moisture tester around the house, you can determine whether the area is wet (a perfect breeding ground for mold) or has long since dried
- ESSENTIAL WATER DAMAGE TOOL- Ideal for homeowners and contractors to measure moisture content in wood, drywall and subflooring
- NEVER BUY WATERLOGGED WOOD AGAIN- Handy woodworking tool to measure the moisture content of wood before buying
- Low measurement range: 7 to 15% WME (Wood Moisture Equivalent)
- High measurement range: 16 to 35% WME
- Measurement accuracy: ±1 LED
- Pin length: 0.2 in. (5mm)
- Calibration range: 19 to 23%
- Operating temperature: 32° to 140°F (0° to 60°C)
- Weight (without battery): 3.2 oz. (91g)
- Power source: "9V" battery (included)
- 1-year limited warranty
- 6.5 x 2.7 x 1 in. (164 x 69 x 26mm)
Do the pins have to actually go into the material?
For the most accurate reading possible, the pins should be inserted into the object. Do not press the pins too hard.
Can my moisture meter be used on bamboo?
Our moisture meters are not calibrated specifically for bamboo. You will need a moisture meter with an adjustable specific gravity setting. At this time we do not carry such a meter.
Can my moisture meter be used on ceramics or fiberglass?
Our moisture meters are not calibrated for ceramics or fiberglass in terms of WME readings. However, our pinless moisture meters could give relative readings on these materials..
Are there any moisture meters which have a NIST Certification?
We currently do not offer any type of certification for our moisture meters. They would need to be sent to a certification lab for that.
What is the longest pin sensor General carries?
We carry a 5” deep wall moisture sensor which is compatible with models MMD950 and MMD900.
- Prop 65
⚠ WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including di2-ethylhexylphthalate (DEHP), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.