- Two measurement modes: Pin (%WME) and pinless (REL)
- The spherical sensor can detect moisture up to 4 in. behind walls and ceramic tile
- Dual displays: Jumbo LCD and 40-dot LED bar graph
- Includes a remote pin-type probe
- The protective cover doubles as a calibration checker
- Spare pins compartment
- #PIN4DE replacement pins are available
- Auto zero calibration
- Data hold function
- Auto power off with adjustable trigger
- Measurement range/resolution: 6.0 to 87.6%WME (Wood Moisture Equivalent) and 0.1 to 99 REL/0.1%
- Measurement accuracy in pin mode: ±3%
- Pin length: 0.4 in. (10mm)
- Length of remote probe cable: 46 in. (1.168m)
- Pinless measurement depth: 4 in. (101mm)
- LCD digit height: 0.9 in. (22.9mm)
- LED bar graph composition/colors: 40 dots/green, red and yellow
- Bar graph resolution: ±1 LED (±2.5%)
- Auto power off: After 3, 5 or 10 minutes (user selectable) with 0% reading
- Operating temperature: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C) @<80% RH
- Weight: 8 oz. (249g)
- Power source: "9V" battery (included)
- External probe with 0.4 in. (10mm) long pins
- #PIND4E replacement pins
- Custom hard plastic carrying case
- 1-year limited warranty
- 9 x 2.75 x 1.625 in. (229 x 70 x 41mm)
What is the difference between Relative and WME (wood moisture equivalent) readings?
Relative readings are comparative readings used for determining the moisture content level from one area to another of the same material. Ideally you would take a reading from an area you know to be d...
How deep can the pinless sensors go?
Below are the sensing depths of our pinless models: MMH800: Surface moisture only MMD5NP, MMD7NP, & MM8: ¾” MMD900: ...
Do the pins have to actually go into the material?
For the most accurate reading possible, the pins should be inserted into the object. Do not press the pins too hard.
Can my moisture meter be used on bamboo?
Our moisture meters are not calibrated specifically for bamboo. You will need a moisture meter with an adjustable specific gravity setting. At this time we do not carry such a meter.
Can my moisture meter be used on ceramics or fiberglass?
Our moisture meters are not calibrated for ceramics or fiberglass in terms of WME readings. However, our pinless moisture meters could give relative readings on these materials..
Are there any pinless meters which measure WME (wood moisture equivalence)?
All of the pinless sensors on our moisture meters provide REL (relative) readings only.
Are there any moisture meters which have a NIST Certification?
We currently do not offer any type of certification for our moisture meters. They would need to be sent to a certification lab for that.
What is the longest pin sensor General carries?
We carry a 5” deep wall moisture sensor which is compatible with models MMD950 and MMD900.
- Prop 65
⚠ WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including di2-ethylhexylphthalate (DEHP), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.