- Measures and displays air speed and airflow volume in several Imperial or metric units
- Simultaneously measures and displays ambient temperature
- Calculates and displays min/max/avg session values of air speed, or maximum values of air speed + temperature
- 30:1 laser thermometer for non-contact surface temperature measurement
- The telescoping probe and cable extend the reach of the hot wire sensor and thermistor to up to 6 ft. (1.8m)
- Jumbo backlit LCD with three readouts
- Stores/recalls up to nine sets of any three readings in nonvolatile memory
- Logs up to 20,000 data points internally, for later download and display as an Excel-formatted graph or table on a Windows PC using the included software and USB cable
- Min/max/avg + data hold
- °F/°C switch
- Auto power off (can be disabled for data logging)
- NIST calibration is available
- Ambient temperature measurement range/resolution: 32° to 158°F (0° to 70°C)/0.1°
- Ambient temperature measurement accuracy: ±1.5°F (±0.8°C)
- Air speed measurement range/accuracy: 40 to 7874 ft./min (0.2 to 40 m/sec)/±3% of reading
- Air speed measurement resolutions: 0.1 ft./min; 0.01 m/s; 0.01 km/h; 0.01 mph; 0.01 knots
- Airflow volume measurement range/accuracy: 0 to 2.5 million CFM (0 to 72,000 CMM)/±3% of reading
- Airflow volume measurement resolutions: 1 CMM; 1 CFM from 0 to 99,999 CFM; 10 CFM from 100,000 to 999,999 CFM; 100 CFM from 1,000,000 to 2,500,000 CFM
- IRT distance-to-spot (D:S) ratio: 30:1
- IRT measurement range/resolution: -25° to 999°F (-32° to 538°C)/0.1°
- IRT measurement accuracy: ±5.4°F (±3°C) from -25° to -4°F (-32° to 20°C); ±3.6°F (±2°C) from -4° to 212°F (-20° to 100°C); ±2% of reading from 212° to 999°F (100&de
- IRT emissivity setting: Fixed at 0.95
- Data logging sampling time: Adjustable from 5 seconds to 1 hour
- Extended length of telescoping hot wire probe: 70.8 in. (1.8m)
- LCD size: 1.69 x 2.4 in. (33 x 51mm)
- Auto power off: After 10 minutes of inactivity when on battery power; after 30 minutes when on AC power; automatically disabled when the meter is running on AC power in data logging mode
- Operating temperature: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C) @ 10 to 90% RH
- Weight: 11.3 oz. (320g)
- Power source: "9V" battery (included) or AC adaptor (included)
- PC interface/data logging software on CD
- USB cable
- AC adaptor
- Custom hard plastic carrying case
- 1-year limited warranty
- 7.24 x 2.75 x 1.57 in. (184 x 70 x 40mm)
What is the distance to spot (D:S) ratio?
The distance to spot (D:S) ratio is the ratio of the size of the area where the temperature is being measured in relation to the distance from the target. For instance, if the IRT has an 8:1 distance-...
Which IRT has the highest temperature detection range?
The IRT5000 has the highest temperature detection range. [392° to 4352°F (200° to 2400°C)]
Which IRT has the greatest low temperature detection range?
The IRT850K can detect temperatures as low as -76°F (-60°C).
Which IRT has the greatest distance-spot (D:S) ratio? Which has the smallest?
The IRT5000 has a distance-spot (D:S) ratio of 100:1. Conversely, the IRT built into the HT50 has a D:S ratio of 2:1.
What is emissivity?
The emissivity of the surface of a material is its effectiveness in emitting energy as thermal radiation. Knowing the emissivity of a material can help increase the accuracy of the IRT’s reading...
Is it better to have an IRT with a fixed or adjustable emissivity?
The default emissivity setting for all the IRT’s is 0.95. This setting will produce fairly accurate readings for the majority of items you will typically measure. Being able to set the emissivit...
Which IRT’s have adjustable emissivity?
The following models have adjustable emissivity: IRT8, IRT105, IRT659K, IRT730K, IRT850K.
If my IRT has a fixed emissivity, how can I take measurements on materials that don’t have 0.95 emissivity?
If you are able, cover the area you intend to measure with black electrical tape. Wait a minute and then scan that area. The emissivity of the tape is 0.95.
Can an IRT be used to measure body temperature?
We do not carry an IRT which can be used for body temperature. You would need an IRT designed with medical applications in mind.
Can you take the temperature of an item through a transparent material? Example: Taking the temperature of an item on the other side of a window.
The IRT cannot take the temperature of one item through another material. If you aim the IRT at a window, it will give you the temperature of the window and not items on the other side of the window.
Can an IRT give air temperature readings?
IRT’s only give temperature readings of solid materials. You can scan an item to get an approximation of the room temperature, but the IRT will not give an actual ambient temperature reading.