- Sensitive, reliable and easy to use
- Natural diffusion sampling technique
- Fast response time
- Redundant visual and audible alarms
- Different alarms for leaks, sensor fault and low battery
- Automatically sets zero measurement baseline upon startup in fresh air
- Detection range: 0 to 100%LEL (Lower Explosive Limit)
- High alarm level: >(50±10)% LEL
- Low alarm level: Between (20±5)% LEL and (50±10)% LEL
- Response time: < 5 seconds
- High and low audible alarm volume: >65dB
- Sampling technique: Natural diffusion
- Operating temperature: -4° to 131°F (-20° to 55°C) @ <95% RH
- Weight (including batteries): 5 oz. (142g)
- Power source: Two "AA" batteries (included)
- Wrist strap
- 1-year limited warranty
- 7.6 (L) x 1.2 (Dia) in. (193 x 30mm)
What types of gas detectors does General carry?
We carry combustible gas, refrigerant, carbon monoxide, VOC, and formaldehyde detectors.
What types of gas do the combustible gas detectors detect?
The combustible gas detectors can detect any type of combustible gas that contains hydrogen. Examples of such gasses are: methane, natural gases, coal gases, hexane, propane, ethane, butane, pentane, ...
How often do these meters need to be calibrated? How do you calibrate them?
We do not have a standard as to when these meters need to be calibrated. In order to calibrate the meter, it needs to be sent to a lab. We do not perform calibrations.
How long are the sensors good for?
The lifespan of the sensor depends on the usage and levels of exposure.
Are there replacement sensors available for the combustible gas detectors?
We only sell replacement sensors for one model of gas detector, the NGD8800. The part number for the sensor is NGD8800SEN.
Does General carry an intrinsically safe combustible gas detector?
The CGD900 is intrinsically safe.