- 10-LED display
- Separate Lo and Hi measurement scales
- A protective cap doubles as a calibration checker
- #PIND4E replacement pins are available
- Low measurement range: 7 to 15% WME (Wood Moisture Equivalent)
- High measurement range: 16 to 35% WME
- Measurement accuracy: ±1 LED
- Pin length: 0.2 in. (5mm)
- Calibration range: 19 to 23%
- Operating temperature: 32° to 140°F (0° to 60°C)
- Weight (without battery): 3.2 oz. (91g)
- Power source: "9V" battery (included)
- 1-year limited warranty
- 6.5 x 2.7 x 1 in. (164 x 69 x 26mm)
Do the pins have to actually go into the material?
For the most accurate reading possible, the pins should be inserted into the object. Do not press the pins too hard.
Can my moisture meter be used on bamboo?
Our moisture meters are not calibrated specifically for bamboo. You will need a moisture meter with an adjustable specific gravity setting. At this time we do not carry such a meter.
Can my moisture meter be used on ceramics or fiberglass?
Our moisture meters are not calibrated for ceramics or fiberglass in terms of WME readings. However, our pinless moisture meters could give relative readings on these materials..
Are there any moisture meters which have a NIST Certification?
We currently do not offer any type of certification for our moisture meters. They would need to be sent to a certification lab for that.
What is the longest pin sensor General carries?
We carry a 5” deep wall moisture sensor which is compatible with models MMD950 and MMD900.