- Pin-type + non-invasive inductive moisture sensors
- Two dedicated displays: Moisture percentage, and ambient temperature plus relative humidity (RH)
- Audible and visual indications of high, medium and low moisture levels
- F/C switch
- Data hold
- Auto diagnostic check
- Replaceable stainless steel pins
- Pin cover doubles as calibration checker
- Battery charge indication
- Auto power off
- Moisture measurement ranges: 5 to 50% Wood Moisture Equivalent (WME) for wood; 1.5 to 33% for building materials
- Moisture measurement accuracy/resolution: (3% of reading + 5 digits) in pin mode/ 0.1%
- Temperature measurement range/accuracy: 32 to 140F (0 to 60C)/5.4F (3C)
- RH measurement range/accuracy: 25 to 95%/5% below 75%RH; 10% above 75%
- Pin length: 0.28 in. (7mm)
- Display type and size: 99.9 count LCD with 0.56 in. (15mm) high digits
- Auto power off trigger: 3 minutes with 0% reading
- Operating temperature: 32 to 122F (0 to 50C) @ <80%RH
- Weight (without battery): 4 oz. (115g)
- Power source: "9V" battery (included)
- PIND4E replacement pins
- Custom hard plastic carrying case
- 1-year limited warranty
- 7.13 x 2.17 x 1.57 in. (181 x 55 x 40mm)
What is the difference between Relative and WME (wood moisture equivalent) readings?
Relative readings are comparative readings used for determining the moisture content level from one area to another of the same material. Ideally you would take a reading from an area you know to be d...
How deep can the pinless sensors go?
Below are the sensing depths of our pinless models: MMH800: Surface moisture only MMD5NP, MMD7NP, & MM8: ¾” MMD900: ...
Do the pins have to actually go into the material?
For the most accurate reading possible, the pins should be inserted into the object. Do not press the pins too hard.
Can my moisture meter be used on bamboo?
Our moisture meters are not calibrated specifically for bamboo. You will need a moisture meter with an adjustable specific gravity setting. At this time we do not carry such a meter.
Can my moisture meter be used on ceramics or fiberglass?
Our moisture meters are not calibrated for ceramics or fiberglass in terms of WME readings. However, our pinless moisture meters could give relative readings on these materials..
Are there any pinless meters which measure WME (wood moisture equivalence)?
All of the pinless sensors on our moisture meters provide REL (relative) readings only.
Are there any moisture meters which have a NIST Certification?
We currently do not offer any type of certification for our moisture meters. They would need to be sent to a certification lab for that.