- Fits in your pocket or clips on your belt
- 1 meter drop-proof
- Long, thin camera-tipped probe with excellent depth of field penetrates tight, hard-to-reach spaces
- Probe is waterproof, holds its configured shape, and coils inside clamshell case for storage
- Four camera-lighting LEDs produce bright, crisp video on large color LCD
- Four screen controls
- Four useful probe tip accessories (pickup hook, magnetic pickup, 45 mirror, thread protector)
- LCD size: 2.7 in. (686mm) diagonal
- Display and camera resolution: 320 x 240 pixels
- Screen controls: Brightness up and down, 1 to 4X zoom in six steps, 180 flip
- Probe length/diameter: 24 in. (0.6m)/0.35 in. (9mm)
- Probe water/dust/oil resistance: Per IP67 standard
- Camera depth of field/field of view: 1 in. to 10 ft. (25mm to 3m)/60
- Case impact resistance: Drop from height of 39 in. (1m) onto 2 in. (50mm) thick hardwood
- Weight: 9 oz. (250g)
- Power Source: Four "AAA" batteries (not included)
- Four probe tip accessories
- Nylon \pouch with belt clip
- Users manual
- 1-year limited warranty
- 5.4 x 2.9 x 1.5 in. (136 x 73 x 39mm)
Can the camera probes on the scopes be used in water, gasoline, or other types of liquids?
All of our camera probes are IP67 rated for water, oil, and dust.
Does General carry any scopes which can work with MAC computers?
The scopes we carry that can connect to a computer are only compatible with PC’s.
Are there any scopes which can be viewed on a smartphone or tablet?
Our DCiS (IBorescope) line of scopes have an app available so that it can be used with smartphones and tablets.
Which borescopes can be used underwater?
The models which are completely submergible in water are: DCS600A, DCS605, DCS660A, DCS665, DCS665ART.
Are any of the borescopes intrinsically safe?
We do not carry any intrinsically safe scopes.
What is the longest probe that General carries?
The longest probe available is the P161830SM-M which is 30 meters long with a 5.5mm diameter. It can be used with several models such as the DCS16HP and DCS18HP.
What is the slimmest probe diameter that General carries?
There is a 3.9mm probe available for most of our high-end scopes such as: DCS800, DCS1100, DCS1600HP, DCS1800HP, DCS2000.
Which scope(s) would be ideal for use in pitch black (or similar) conditions?
The following models have light boost and anti-reflection functions for use in extremely dark conditions: DCS1700, DCS1600HP, DCS1600HPART, DCS1800HP, DCS1800HPART.
What is the most compact scope available?
The DCS950 (Palmscope) is a little larger than a cellphone with a 2ft long, 0.35in diameter probe, and comes with a nylon pouch with a belt clip.