- Sensitive, reliable and easy to operate
- Natural diffusion sampling technique
- Fast response time
- Redundant visual and audible alarms
- Measurement range: 0 to 100%LEL (Lower Explosive Limit)
- Response Time: < 5 seconds
- Alarm levels:(205)% LEL and (5010)% LEL
- Operating temperature: -4 to 131F (-20 to 55C) @ <95%RH
- Weight: 4 oz. (113g)
- Power source: Two "AA" batteries (included)
- Wrist strap
- Users manual
- 1-year limited warranty
- 7.6 (L) x 1.2 (Dia) in. (193 x 30mm)
What types of gas detectors does General carry?
We carry combustible gas, refrigerant, carbon monoxide, VOC, and formaldehyde detectors.
What types of gas do the combustible gas detectors detect?
The combustible gas detectors can detect any type of combustible gas that contains hydrogen. Examples of such gasses are: methane, natural gases, coal gases, hexane, propane, ethane, butane, pentane, ...
How often do these meters need to be calibrated? How do you calibrate them?
We do not have a standard as to when these meters need to be calibrated. In order to calibrate the meter, it needs to be sent to a lab. We do not perform calibrations.
How long are the sensors good for?
The lifespan of the sensor depends on the usage and levels of exposure.
Are there replacement sensors available for the combustible gas detectors?
We only sell replacement sensors for one model of gas detector, the NGD8800. The part number for the sensor is NGD8800SEN.
Does General carry an intrinsically safe combustible gas detector?
The CGD900 is intrinsically safe.